How we are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic
Taking care of our employees, our communities, our customers, and our partners
In this uncertain time, our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, communities, customers, and partners is stronger than ever.
We are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, and its impact on our lives and businesses alike, with a “4 rings of responsibility” approach:
- Take care of self
- Take care of family
- Take care of community
- Take care of business
This approach is grounded in our values of FORTE: Fairness, Openness, Respect, Teamwork, and Execution. With the 4 rings approach, we are reaffirming our commitment to these values both at work and in our interactions with our customers and partners, and in our everyday lives with our family and within our communities.
In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are encouraged and inspired by the many people out on the frontlines putting the health and safety of their communities first and foremost. In order to ensure this, it’s important that utilities continue to function well, business systems can function without disruptions, and that freight railroads continue to run and supply critical goods across North America.
As a partner for our customers working in these industries, we play a role in ensuring this continuity. In order for this to happen, we have implemented the following responses and policies for COVID-19 that will put the safety of our employees first, followed by our community, customers, and partners.
Here is the CloudMoyo COVID-19 response and policy guidance, which we have shared with our customers:
CloudMoyo COVID-19 response and policy guidance
CloudMoyo is committed to the health and safety of our employees, customers, partners, and community. We wanted to make available to you the guidance we have put in place with our employees, most recently on April 3, 2020. Given that this is a fluid situation, we are actively monitoring the news and recommendations of local health authorities. We will make changes to our guidelines over time and will continue to make this information available when there are material changes.
That being said, we remain committed as always to our customers and strive to continue supporting and working effectively and efficiently with you, our customers. We recognize that in order to achieve this at this present time may require creative working arrangements and new solutions. We are working with our internal teams to ensure enhanced customer engagement and support during this phase when everyone is working remotely. Please reach out to your CloudMoyo direct contacts to share your own company policies and discuss how we can most effectively continue to work together and ensure your success.
Summary of our current guidance and policies
- As a best practice, it is better to be overprepared than underprepared.
- We recommend that all employees work from home except where occasional travel to an office/customer is necessary. Work with your manager on exceptions to working from home. Any employees who are deemed essential and required to work onsite (e.g. customer or partner) should continue to do so and respect/adhere to the customer and partner policies and guidelines.
- We are limiting business travel to only essential travel and have postponed all non-essential travel.
Detailed CloudMoyo guidance for employees
- From: Maniesh Kedia, CEO
- To: All CloudMoyo employees
- Date: November 2020
Expect new guidelines to be published in early 2021; we plan to continue current practices through June 2021 at the earliest. We will remain agile and adjust/return to our office when it is prudent and safe to do so.
Working from home
Considering this guidance, we are recommending that all employees in our Bellevue and Kansas City offices who are in a job that can be done from home should do so now through May 4, 2020. Taking these measures will help ensure our employees’ safety and make the workplace safer for those that need to be at the office. We have instructed our employees to let their managers know that they will be working from home and will maintain their normal schedule of working hours, so that all our teams remain well coordinated.
If in a role, it is essential for an employee to be in the office or other work environments (e.g. customer or partner sites), they must plan to continue coming to the office or the customer location. We will be sure to respect and adhere to all customer and partner policies and guidelines. If they are not sure if they are in a role that requires them to be onsite, an employee must speak with their manager.
As of March 16, 2020, we recommend that all employees in our Pune, India office who are in a job that can be done from how should do so now until further notice. Taking these measures will ensure their safety and make the workplace safer for those that need to be in the office to take care of business-critical issues. They are to maintain their normal schedule of working hours, so that all teams remain well-coordinated and our customers are assured that we execute by focusing, following-up, and following-through.
However, guidance has been provided by global and local health authorities for the following groups to avoid public settings which would include any of our office and/or customer and partner locations. If an employee falls into any of these categories, they must let their manager know they will be working from home. If their role requires them to be onsite to do their job, they must work with their manager to determine what leave options or other accommodations are available.
- If they are over 60
- If they have an underlying health condition (heart disease, diabetes, etc.)
- If their immune system is comprised
- If they are pregnant
Most important, employees are advised not to come to work if they are sick. We have clearly posted this guidance on all building entrances.
Global and domestic travel guidance
All but essential business travel should be postponed.
- Essential travel is defined as work related to operations, sales, and customer services, including professional services.
- Employees should discuss whether travel is essential with their manager if in doubt.
- All non-essential travel should be postponed (inter-office meetings).
- Business travel to the following countries remains banned, including layovers when traveling elsewhere: China, Iran, Japan, Italy, and South Korea.
- Business travel to the Seattle and Bay Area should be postponed – employees should consult their manger if they believe there is a compelling need to visit these locations.
- If travelling to a customer or partner site, employees should observe their requirements in addition to ours if the customer provides or requires them; however, if they have requirements that go beyond our guidance or if the employee has any concerns, they must discuss them with their manager.
- If an employee is currently traveling for work, they should consult with their manager for guidance.
- If an employee is in an at-risk category (see above), then they are advised not to travel for business.
- Employees should not travel for business if they are not comfortable doing so at this time.
- If an employee is returning from their home location from the Seattle or Bay Area, they should self-quarantine and work from home for 14 days.
- Note: No employee will be required to travel if they have concerns over doing so.
In the U.S., candidate interviews will be converted to video calls through May 4, 2020. We appreciate your patience for the next few days as we make that transition. In our Pune office, interviews will continue to be onsite and we will prescreen candidates on their recent travels before their in-person interview is scheduled.
For planned, third-party events like speaking engagements, conferences, tradeshows, etc., if the event is still going forward, we will participate. However, we will not be hosting or attending any events in the Seattle and Bay Area. For CloudMoyo corporate events outside of Seattle and the Bay Area, we will continue to monitor the situation closely and adjust our plans accordingly.
Again, this is a fluid situation; in addition to email updates such as these, employees will find updated information on our All CloudMoyo Employees Team Site – Corona Virus update – US and India.
Thank you for your support. We will continue to monitor health authority guidance and will adjust our guidance as necessary.
What to do if you’re feeling symptoms or believe you’ve been exposed
In King County, if you believe you were exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19, contact the novel coronavirus call center: 206-477-3977 or your health care provider. For other locations, please contact your local health department hotline.
If you believe you may have symptoms, please contact your health care provider immediately.
Note for all employees: If you are receiving testing or have a confirmed diagnosis of COVD-19, please confidentially inform HR (HR USA and HR India) – we will assist in information your manager and taking measures that protect others.
As a reminder, here are precautionary measures from the WHO:
- Frequently clean your hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- If you are sick (e.g. flu, cold), do not come to work.
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbows or tissue. Throw the tissue away immediately and wash hands.
- Avoid close contacts with people who are unwell or showing symptoms of illness.
- If you have fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will make adjustments as necessary. The health and safety of our employees, customers, partners, and the communities we work in remains a core FORTE value, and this experience heightens our commitment to following safe work and health practices. Given the evolving reach of the virus, we will continue to stay vigilant and encourage all CloudMoyo employees to follow the recommend best practices governing office attendance, meetings, hygiene, and social distancing to reduce risk factors. We will continue to access the situation and update you as our recommendations change.
Stay healthy and safe!
Please note that there is a lot of misinformation regarding COVID-19 out there. Please review reputable sources such as the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) on prevention and changing details regarding the coronavirus.
CloudMoyo empowers rail and transportation companies to gain greater insights, unlock efficiencies, and improve agility in operations, revenue and asset management as well as critical areas of safety, crew scheduling and maintenance. Combined with deep rail industry expertise, our cloud-based, AI-driven solutions leverage cutting edge technology to reimagine railroad digitization.
14711 NE 29th Pl, Suite 103, Bellevue, WA – 98007 U.S.